We believe that the youth of the Church are our most valuable asset because they are the future Church. Our goal is to seek, train and send out mature and godly students for Christ that they might make a lasting impact on their community. Join us on Wednesday nights and Sunday mornings as we seek to show these young adults the true love and joy of Jesus Christ.
In partnership with families, the youth ministry of New Covenant Church exists to engage with every student under its care, to train them to celebrate Christ and live responsibly in Him, and to send them out as mature, godly men and women of integrity who will transform their homes, their schools, their churches, their workplaces, and their worlds for Christ.
Our goal is to engage every student in our church that we might win them to Christ and plug them into our community of believers that they might be trained and fully equipped in Christ. We will engage every student through:
- Lunches with students at their schools
- Regular worship and teaching on Wednesday nights and Sunday mornings
- Activities scheduled by the church, the leaders and the parents
- Attending the students’ extra-curricular activities
- Parents and leaders reaching out and ministering to the friends and family of the children that live in Anderson
"Instead, speaking the truth in love, we will in all things grow up into him who is the Head, that is, Christ. From him the whole body, joined and held together by every supporting ligament, grows and builds itself up in love, as each part does its work." – Ephesians 4:15-16
Our goal is to train every student through the teaching and guidance of the parents and the church, as well as through a working covenantal relationship with all New Covenant community members. In order to do this effectively, we will use various programs organized by the church, such as:
- Wednesday Night Youth Group – will be used to teach the good news of Jesus Christ as well as to deal with current cultural issues among teens.
- Sunday School – will be used to teach, catechize and train each student to know and use the deeper doctrines of God’s word.
- Discipleship Groups – will be used to teach and train each student on a more individual basis according to his/her struggles and needs as well as to bring them under more covenantal relationships within the community
- Leadership Groups – will be used to train and equip students to be biblical leaders in their schools, in the church, and as they go from high school to their next stage in life, ready to present a defense of the faith entrusted to them. (1 Peter 3:15)
- Community Outreach – will be used to train each child the importance of reaching out to our communities and sharing the gospel through service and relationships.
- Mission Trips – will be used to train each child to go out into the world and into various cultures in order to understand these cultures better and share the good news of Jesus Christ.
- Youth Planned Events – will be used to teach the joy of Jesus Christ as well as the importance of fellowship.
Each program will be designed to train and mature the students in specific ways that they might:
Be transformed into the image of Christ.
"And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may prove what the will of God is, that which is good and acceptable and perfect." – Romans 12:12
Become leaders, raised up in the church by the grace of God.
"Train up a child in the way he should go, even when he is old he will not depart from it" – Proverbs 22:6
Be fully equipped to glorify God in every area of their life, and extend His Kingdom within their own homes, communities and to the ends of the earth.
"We proclaim Him, admonishing every man and teaching every man with all wisdom, so that we may present every man complete in Christ." – Colossians 1:28
"Whether, then, you eat or drink or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God." – 1 Corinthians 10:31
"Whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks through Him to God the Father." – Colossians 3:17
Celebrate life, enjoy God and show the world the true joy of Jesus Christ.
"But may all who seek you rejoice and be glad in you; may those who love your salvation always say,'The LORD be exalted!'" – Psalm 40:16
"Let the heavens rejoice, let the earth be glad; let them say among the nations, 'The LORD reigns!'" – 1 Chronicles 16:31
"One generation will commend your works to another; they will tell of your mighty acts. They will speak of the glorious splendor of your majesty, and I will meditate on your wonderful works. They will tell of the power of your awesome works, and I will proclaim your great deeds. They will celebrate your abundant goodness and joyfully sing of your righteousness." – Psalm 145 4-7
Embrace Biblical manhood and womanhood:
A) Men who treat others, especially their wives, with love, gentleness and respect, always willing to sacrifice themselves for the well-being of others, that they may be godly leaders of the church, equipped to lead the next generation to Christ and always ready to give an answer for their faith with soundness of speech that they may shame the world.
"You must teach what is in accord with sound doctrine. Teach the older men to be temperate, worthy of respect, self-controlled, and sound in faith, in love and in endurance… Similarly, encourage the young men to be self-controlled. In everything set them an example by doing what is good. In your teaching show integrity, seriousness and soundness of speech that cannot be condemned, so that those who oppose you may be ashamed because they have nothing bad to say about us." – Titus 2:1-2,6-8
B) Women who are the helpers God has created them to be, treating others, especially their husbands with love and respect, not slandering, but lifting up and supporting those around them. Remaining silent (submissive) in the church and submissive to their husbands.
"…but for Adam there was not found a helper suitable for him. The LORD God fashioned into a woman the rib which He had taken from the man, and brought her to the man. The man said, 'This is now bone of my bones; And flesh of my flesh; She shall be called Woman, Because she was taken out of Man.' For this reason a man shall leave his father and his mother, and be joined to his wife; and they shall become one flesh." – Genesis 2: 20,22-24
"Wives, be subject to your own husbands, as to the Lord. For the husband is the head of the wife, as Christ also is the head of the church, He Himself being the Savior of the body. But as the church is subject to Christ, so also the wives ought to be to their husbands in everything." – Ephesians 5:22-24
"The women are to keep silent in the churches; for they are not permitted to speak, but are to subject themselves, just as (the Law also says. If they desire to learn anything, let them ask their own husbands at home; for it is improper for a woman to speak in church." – 1 Corinthians 14:34-35
"Likewise, teach the older women to be reverent in the way they live, not to be slanderers or addicted to much wine, but to teach what is good. Then they can train the younger women to love heir husbands and children, to be self-controlled and pure, to be busy at home, to be kind, and to be subject to their husbands, so that no one will malign the word of God." – Titus 2:3-5
"Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit" – Matthew 28:19
Our Goal is to send students boldly into their family, community, and into the very ends of the earth, that they might preach the good news, and lead those around them into the saving faith of Jesus Christ. We will help send them by:
- Teaching them the importance of ministering boldly to their friends and family and equipping them to always be able to give an answer for their faith.
- Scheduling outreach ministries within the community (example – the One Mile Ministry).
- Scheduling mission trips within our own community first, and when we have accomplished our goals here we will schedule mission trips further away.